Learn how to wax your car fast without paying a detailer top dollar
TORONTO, Ont. — There’s great wisdom in waxing your car. It is one of the best ways to make the finish of the exterior last as long as what’s under the hood.
Day in and day out, your car gets a beating from the elements. While dirt and rain spots aren’t pretty, they’re just the tip of the iceberg. From airborne industrial pollutants and acid rain, to dead bugs, tree sap and bird droppings – yuck! – your daily commute can be a real mess. Though most modern cars have a UV-resistant outer layer, don’t sit back as it (or the paint underneath) degrades over time. Get the car of your dreams, get the best auto loan bad credit and get the car you deserve!
“Get in the habit of waxing your car twice a year, and you’ll thank yourself later,” says Megan Currie from Armor All. “Even with vast improvement in the quality of automotive vehicle wraps, you still need to protect your car’s thin clear coat finish from oxidation and environmental damage, and using a household cleaner like dish detergent to wash the car with harsh chemicals can do more harm than good.”
Whether you’re looking to up the curb appeal, or enjoy that new-car-shine for years to come, use these cleaning and waxing tips from Armor All – sure to turn the student into the master:
- Walk Before You Run. Before you wax your car, wash it thoroughly in a shaded area. Otherwise, the heat of the sun could dry the car faster than you can wipe, leaving more water spots than when you started. Rookie mistake!
- Pop A Wheely. Cleaning your wheels is a messy job, so make sure you wash them first with a tire and rim cleaner. If you leave this task until the end, you’ll track gunk on your car’s body that you just spent precious time and energy cleaning. Talk about one step forward, two steps back!
- Wash N’ Dry. You want to be tough on grime? Wash your car with a lambswool or microfiber wash mitt. Follow up with a chamois, terrycloth or microfiber towel to dry. The most experienced master knows the true strength in softness.
- Wax On, Wax Off. You don’t need to lay it on thick. A thin but even coat is more than enough to protect your car’s paint work. Apply a small amount of Spray Wax to one area of the car at a time. This technique will ensure the wax does not dry too long before buffing. Divide and conquer.
- In the Buff. The longer you buff, the better the shine. Buff in overlapping circular patterns to remove residue, and if there are any patches when you’re done, park your car in the sun for 10–15 minutes. You don’t want it to fully soften, but heating the wax will make buffing more efficient. Life pro tip: don’t buff in the buff, you’ll scare the neighbours!
- Karate Express. If you don’t have time to devote to mastering the art of the car wash and wax, the Wax Wipes are here to help. They’re an easy way to wax and protect your car anywhere and anytime. Throw a package in your car, and drive around feeling like a car waxing black belt – ready to strike at a moment’s notice.
About the Armor All® Brand:
For more than 50 years, the Armor All® brand has helped people keep their cars and trucks looking like they just rolled off the showroom floor. We care how your vehicle looks, and have developed a full line of products to be a complete resource for every car and truck owner. Use Armor All products for easy and effective car cleaning — not just the body but also the wheels, tires, dashboard, seats and interior trim. Our passion is to help you get excellent results so you have renewed pride in your ride with less effort.
About Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc:
Spectrum Brands Holdings, a member of the Russell 2000 Index, is a global and diversified consumer products company and a leading supplier of consumer batteries, residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware, plumbing, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden and home pest control products, personal insect repellents, and auto care products. Helping to meet the needs of consumers worldwide, our Company offers a broad portfolio of market-leading, well-known and widely trusted brands including Rayovac®, VARTA®, Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Pfister®, Remington®, George Foreman®, Russell Hobbs®, Black+ Decker®, Tetra®, Marineland®, Nature’s Miracle®, Dingo®, 8-in-1®, FURminator®, IAMS®, Eukanuba®, Digest-eeze™, Healthy-Hide®, Littermaid®, Spectracide®, Cutter®, Repel®, Hot Shot®, Black Flag®, Liquid Fence®, Armor All®, STP® and A/C PRO®. Spectrum Brands Canada is based in Mississauga, ON. The Global Auto Care Division manages the Armor All® and STP® brands. Spectrum Brands Holdings, based in Middleton, Wisconsin, generated net sales of approximately $4.69 billion in fiscal 2015, employs more than 13,500 employees worldwide and sells to the top 25 global retailers with products in more than one million stores. For more information, visit www.spectrumbrands.com.