El Paso, TX; November 12, 2014: If you’re looking to bolt-on power and torque, the new Atomic AirForce intake manifold from MSD is the answer! This all-new polymer intake will increase the performance of stock and modified GM LS engine platforms and the new LT1 engine.
MSD started designing the AirForce by addressing the performance shortcomings of the OE manifolds. Through the use of Computational Fluid Dynamic modeling MSD was able to optimize plenum volume with improved flow paths into each intake runner. By shaping the unique runners with a bell-mouth form, the air is packed into each runner evenly to equalize and maximize flow.
Each intake, from the LS series to the direct port LT1 engine, is a two piece molded design. This design allows for porting and modifying the runners while the polymer construction minimizes the weight and reduces the heat absorption. MSD also included provisions for further power gains by molding bosses on each runner to ease the installation of nitrous fogger nozzles used in racing applications.
The AirForce intakes accept an OEM throttle body as well as aftermarket designs up to 103mm. It can also be used with most aftermarket fuel rails, OEM rails and the MSD Atomic LS electronic fuel rails. The AirForce intake is available for the following applications:
LS7: 2014 Z28 Camaro
MSD Atomic AirForce intake manifolds include the following features:
- Dyno-proven bolt-on power – Gains of over 20 horsepower and over 20 ft-lbs of torque compared to an OE manifold
- Gains of 36 HP and 16 ft-lbs of torque versus leading competitor on Lingenfelter LS7 Camaro L28
- Direct Flow path runner design promotes maximum airflow
- Two-piece intake design provides the ability to port and modify the runners for specific applications
- Polymer-molded design resists heat and minimizes weight
- Accepts OEM and 103 mm throttle bodies
- Fits most stock, aftermarket and Atomic LS electronic fuel rails
- Molded bosses provide the ability to add nozzles for nitrous systems for racing