Wixom, Michigan – April 26, 2022 – TREMEC releases the 4×2 version of the TR4050 TREMEC the leading manufacturer of Torque Transfer Solutions announces the release of the 4×2 version of the TR4050 5 speed manual transmission for light and medium duty trucks into the aftermarket. “Last year’s release of the 4×4 version showed us that we could take that same OEM technology we have shared in the muscle car market and expand it into the light and medium duty truck
market” says Mike Kidd, aftermarket business unit manager at TREMEC.
TR-4050 FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Massive 109mm center distance
• High-contact constant-mesh helical gears for maximum strength
• Die-cast aluminum alloy housing saves weight while offering considerable rigidity
• Standard right-hand six-bolt PTO offers ability to run hydraulic pumps
• Tapered bearings on input, main and counter shafts provide excellent internal stability
• Needle bearings under gears reduce friction & noise output
• Revised 5th gear retainer eliminates problems associated with NV 4500 overdrive output shaft nut
• All forward gears and reverse gear synchronized
• Advanced synchronizer technology promotes smoother shifting and reduced shift effort
• Counter shaft mounted 5th gear synchronizer reduces noise in overdrive
And like all TREMEC aftermarket transmissions, the TR4050 is made from 100% brand-new OEM quality content and features a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty.
Available May 30, 2022 from a TREMEC Elite Distributor near you.
For more information or to find a TREMEC Elite Distributor visit TREMEC.com or call 1-800-401-9866