Turn Nitrous into Traction with a Nitrous Express Maximizer 4 Controller
Nitrous oxide is a great way to win races—if you can harness the sudden bursts of horsepower and turn them into traction. That’s what the Nitrous Express Maximizer 4 Nitrous Controller is for. The Maximizer 4 can operate one or two stages of nitrous based on one of five parameters:
• Time-Based: a good choice for drag racing from a standing start. Easy to fine-tune so that you leave softly enough to eliminate wheel spin. As you go downtrack, the controller smoothly adds more nitrous as traction increases.
• RPM-Based: This method allows you to add a little nitrous at lower engine rpm and ramp into full nitrous as the engine rpm increases. Since nitrous flow is limited to a small amount at low rpm, you can safely activate the nitrous to help to pull the car out of the hole.
• MPH-Based: Automatically limits nitrous to a smaller shot at low speeds where traction is limited, then provides a larger shot at higher speeds when traction improves. Bracket racers can use this feature to set a MPH nitrous cutoff point to help run consistent ETs.
• Throttle Percentage-Based: Allows you to “pedal” the car in the event of wheel spin. Nitrous flow smoothly increases and decreases as you work the throttle, allowing you to regain traction and continue racing. This method is ideal for road racing, drifting, and street machines as it allows you to introduce a small amount of nitrous at mid-throttle, then smoothly transition to full nitrous as you press the throttle to the floor.
• Boost-Based: Boost progression allows nitrous to come on strong to eliminate turbo lag, then smoothly ramp down to let the turbo do its thing. The end result is monster power with zero lag, even with a huge turbo. On diesel applications, the controller will not allow nitrous delivery until the engine starts to see boost, preventing a engine stall.
The Nitrous Express Maximizer 4 also monitors the engine’s air/fuel ratio using an optional wideband O2 module. This allows the controller to automatically adjust fuel and nitrous solenoid output to achieve the user-specified air/fuel ratio. As bottle pressure drops toward the end of a run, the Maximizer 4 will automatically adjust the solenoid output to maintain a consistent and safe air/fuel ratio.
Summit Racing Equipment