Engines with turbos or superchargers don’t like hot air. It has less oxygen than cold air, reducing performance potential. Worse still, as temperatures increase, detonation issues rear their ugly heads.
Adding a Snow Performance Stage 2 Boost Cooler can reduce the temperature of the air feeding into your turbo or centrifugal supercharger by up to 100 degrees. That can mean a boost of 50 to 70 horsepower.
The Stage 2 Booster Coolers use a progressive controller with a manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor to inject a water/methanol mix based on boost pressure. The mixture cools incoming air and reduces combustion temperatures. The added methanol can boost 91 octane gas a full 25 points to 116 octane race gas levels. Additional features include:
• Supports up to 1,000-plus horsepower
• Digital display screen to set and monitor injection points
• Methanol-resistant stainless steel, nickel plated, and hard anodized parts
• Heat flange, twin seals, and custom motor winding provide long-term cooling
• Hyper-Sonic water methanol nozzle
• 300 PSI UHO pump
• Potted and sealed ring connections
• Low profile nozzle holder and high-flow check valve
• Choice of stainless steel braided line with -4AN fittings or high-temperature nylon tubing with
ACU-Seal quick-disconnect compression fittings
SEE STAGE 2 BOOST COOLER SYSTEMS AT SUMMIT RACING
Summit Racing Equipment
Find more informative articles at www.rpmmag.com